This is a small post on extracting Sony .EXE drivers. I found that the typical extractors such as 7zip and Winrar fail at extracting Sony EXE drivers.
Prep the Driver for Extraction
- Create and save the driver to “C:\workingtemp\Sony Audio Driver”
- Create another folder called “Extracted Driver” in this location.
Extract the Driver
- Right click on your “Universal Installer” applicaiton and “Run as Administrator”.
- A menu called Universal Extractor v1.61 will appear. Hit the “…” button to the right of the “Archive/Installer to extract:” box. Find and select your driver and hit the “Open” button.
- Next click the “…” button next to the “Destination directory” box. Select the “Extracted Driver” folder and hit “Ok” button.
- When all the settings are correct, hit the “Ok” button to start the extraction of the Sony Driver.
- A menu titled “Wis Installer Extraction” will appear. Choose “Wise Installer /x switch” and hit “Ok”.
- A warning bar will appear, hit “OK”.
- The Sony Driver should now be extracted to your “Extracted Driver” folder.
- You should be done!