- You should already have a WebAdvantage server running and working before doing an upgrade. Check this <post> if you need help doing this.
- Get the installation files from the Print Manager website. The version I downloaded was 3.1.2.
- My WebAdvantage server is called “pmp-webadv”.
- Unzip the file you received from Print Manager to “C:\workingtemp” on your WebAdvantage server.
- Double Click on your “Install WebAdvantage.exe” and the WebAdvantage installer will open. The installer will display “Updating WebAdvantage Suite” and click “Next”.
- The installation will immediatly begin and when finished will display a “Update Complete” screen.
- Open IIS Manager and Browse to your WebAdvantage website.
- Your WebAdvantage login screen will appear.
- If your logon screen did not appear, please check the troubleshooting section.
- If you get an error screen (below) when trying to log into your WebAdvantage site then there is a simple fix.
The error on this page will be:
Server Error in “/WebAdvantage” Application.
Access to the path “C:\inetput\wwwroot\PMP\sessionlogs” is denied.
- With the most recent release of WebAdvantage, Print Manager enables logging. Create a folder at “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PMP” called “sessionlogs”.
- Browse to your WebAdvantage site and it should be working.