Recently I was tasked with uploading lots of documents to a SharePoint 2010 website. I ran into a couple of problems.
Things I will have solutions for in this post:
- The “Upload Multiple Documents” option is grayed out (unavailable).
- I can’t upload more than <some amount>MB’s of information at a time.
- I can’t upload more than 100 documents at one time.
The “Upload Multiple Documents” option is grayed out:
On my SharePoint website the first thing I tried to do is upload multiple documents option. But as many people found, the option to do this was grayed out.
- This was related to using Mozilla Firefox. Switch to Internet Explorer for this action and make sure it is the most current version. I know this isn’t a “fix”, but all I needed was a quick workaround.
I can’t upload more than <some amount>MB’s of information at a time:
- Login to your Central Administration website for your SharePoint 2010 site.
- Once logged on, Click “Application Management” -> “Manage Web Applications”.
- Here, Click (highlight) the site you wish to modify, then click “General Settings”.
- In “General Settings” scroll down until you see an option to set your “Maximum Upload Size”.
- Change this number to your preference and click ok.
- You’re done.
I can’t upload more than 100 documents at one time:
- On your SharePoint 2010 site go to the library you would like to add documents to.
- Select “Open with Explorer” View.
- Drag and drop your documents you want to upload to your SharePoint 2010 website.
- Yes it is that easy and you’re done.