Recently I had a problem which was very frustrating. While in disk management, I was was trying to initialize an iSCSI disk. Every time I tried, it would throw the message “the disk is corrupt and unreadable”. I found the solution and it’s too easy to not share.
- Start out by logging into your server
- Run “Computer Management ” (Start -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management)
- Check out “disk 3″ in the image below. As you can see disk 3 is offline.
- If you click “Online” it throws this box:
Solving the Problem:
On your host.
- Start up the command prompt and run the following commands:
san policy = OnlineAll
- In Computer Management -> disk Management, right click on the Disk that is giving you problems -> properties
- Write down the location of the Problem disk
- Open Device Manager -> under Disk Drives
- Find the Problem disk by location comparison
- Once you find the Problem disk -> right click and uninstall
- Open Disk Management -> right click -> rescan
- Initialize your disk’s now, they should work!